Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Blobby Story

Things are going swimmingly with our little baby girl! 

I accompanied A to her sonogram appointment on Tuesday morning and got my first live peek at the baby.  The ultrasound tech didn't know we were there for the sole purpose of allowing me to experience it.  It was really a favor from the doctor, who ordered it for a "medical" reason and I didn't want to call her out on that by explaining our situation to the tech.  So I didn't get to see anything that looked like an actual baby... just a black circle (bladder?), white line (femur?), and somewhat recognizable head as she took measurements with a mouse and keyboard.  It was the cutest little grainy monochromatic blob I've ever seen, though! 

Everything measured perfectly.  Baby K is 4.5 pounds and 16 inches.  We were a little wrong about the due date of May 9 – the actual due date is May 24. But the doc expects A to go into labor early, so we'll still have our bags packed and ready in a couple of weeks.

A is quite the trooper.  I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through.  We've had a lot of fun each time we've been together, and she's a good story teller.  I always admire people who can keep the conversation going!  I tend to have a hard time thinking of things to say with more quiet personalities.  All that to say that we haven't discussed our emotions too much.  Each of us is navigating through uncharted land, and right now it's just easier to bond over more entertaining topics.

No comments: