Monday, December 5, 2011

Giving thanks for Kate!

This post is a little late coming, but better late than never! (And, be warned, it has ADD.)

We hosted a Very Abilene Thanksgiving again this year and Kate got to welcome her Grandma and Granddad, Mimi and Papa D, Uncle David and Uncle Jimmy. We loved having (almost) everyone together. Uncle Chris couldn't make it but we'll be going to visit him this weekend.

I took NO pictures. I don't know why. I was actually conscious of it at the time. Anyway, Grandma sent me some that she took so we have these three to prove it actually happened!

I had visions of grandeur in my mind about feeding my baby pureed sweet potatoes in her new high chair that totally matches my dining room furniture while Father carved the turkey at the head of the table and everyone belly laughed at Very Appropriate jokes... but that's not exactly how it went.

Even though I always break out the fine china (to be said with a West Texas accent) and make people pour their drinks into matching glasses should they have not gotten the memo about using only the matching glasses, we do it buffet style and enjoy being relaxed all together. Plus, I don't really know who Father is...

Oh, and Kate hates eating anything that doesn't come from a bottle. That one warrants another post. So she got to sit in her highchair NOT eating sweet potatoes, and decided that if she wanted a Mulvey-Kellerman belly laugh fest, she'd need to act. fast.

[Insert squirting sound here]

So, a wardrobe change, Cowboys win, and three pies later we bid our adieus to those who couldn't stay the weekend and are looking forward to celebrating the next holiday together again!




Here's Together Again, the opening scene of one of my favorite movies -- Muppets Take Manhattan. I have it on VHS but don't own a VCR any more so Uncle David ran out to Hastings and bought it on Blue Ray for my birthday. Best gift ever! We also rented some episodes of the Muppet Show and watched them while we put up the Christmas tree and David, Jimmy and I went to the drive-in theater to watch The Muppets while Mimi and Papa D babysat. Great weekend!

No comments: