Get ready for a super post! Actually, so much has happened since December I may back-date some posts to play catch up... but for now let's recap what's happened in the last two weeks:
We moved to Arkansas.
Kate bid farewell to Abilene, Texas on March 30. I carved out some time to take her picture in front of her first house so she'd be able to see what it looked like. It's so strange that she'll never remember that house on Benz Drive, yet those memories will last with us forever. That's where we brought our teeny little baby home!
As I was taking these early in the morning, the man mowing the lawn next door asked if he wanted me to "get that part right there" so it wouldn't be distracting. I thought he was offering to mow our lawn so there wouldn't be weeds in the photo. I was wrong. I proceeded to wipe the egg off my face.
[For another last-minute photo scramble check out my other blog. Bluebonnets, y'all!]
So Grandma took care of Kate for a few days while Austin and I finished up the packing/moving/cleaning and then all three of us hit the highway for Little Rock. It's beautiful here! I haven't taken any pictures of the area -- or of our house -- so maybe I'll lug my camera around next time we go out. Which will be a matter of hours, I'm sure as we live in an awesome neighborhood and have gone out every evening since we moved in.
We technically moved into our new house on Holy Saturday and were (are) dealing with boxes and dust and broken locks and blah blah blah, so Kate's first Easter wasn't exactly traditional. After working on the house all morning, we loaded up the stroller and went out for a fajita lunch then came back to find the Easter Bunny had worked his magic on the back patio.
Kate was in her white bunny hoodie from Grandma and we put white leggings and white shoes on her so she could crawl around. Because letting her crawl around hasn't really been possible for the last couple weeks since she's learned how, I was completely naive about what that would do to her clothes!
The whole messy ordeal cracked us up. Eventually, Daddy stripped her down, she got to test out the new claw foot tub, and we finally all got dressed up and ready for evening Mass. Like I said, not a traditional Easter by any means, but a happy one nonetheless!
P.S. I smile when I remember what we did last Easter. We're such lucky folks.














No comments:
Post a Comment