As of today, Baby Girl is 37 weeks along! That means her lungs are likely able to function on their own if she is born early, so she's considered full term.
Now we need to pack for the hospital and get the car seat base installed. A bunch of firefighters will be up at the station tomorrow for a donation drive we're doing in the wake of all the recent wildfires, so I may just grab one of them and ask them to do it. Oh wait, my car is in the shop having suffered the hail damage from the storm that that put out the fires. So... huh.
I talked to my boss today about what my last day would be, and he was very generous about it. Basically, I'll take a few days of sick/vacation leave starting May 17 or 18 (two weeks from now!) and then officially quit after everything is all said and done. Not to get too much into it, but that way if something were to happen I'd still have a job to go back to.
A is having a birthday party this weekend for her son who is turning 2. He is such a cutie. She invited us, but we won't be able to make the drive... unless she goes into labor, of course!
Our (my) plan for this weekend is a staycation. No yard work, no house work, no work work. 'Dya hear that, AK? That means I have to get all my little projects and loose ends done in the evenings this week! I hope we can just relax in our own home, sleep in, go to the drive-in, eat poorly and build some castles in the sky... because never again will it be just the two of us. I just teared up when I wrote that, can you believe it?! 2010 Laura just hopped in her DeLorean and slapped me.
Now that I've stopped to think about it, I need to quit fidgeting and sit back and enjoy this home stretch!
No comments:
Post a Comment