This was taken the night we got our "letter,"
which was actually an email that I spotted on my phone while
watching Real Timewasters of Beverly Hills or something like that.
which was actually an email that I spotted on my phone while
watching Real Timewasters of Beverly Hills or something like that.
We took advantage of the belated Christmas card sales and designed a pretty card and wrote out our story inside it.
I read it, re-read it and sent it to Austin to read and re-read. That thing was quadruple checked! Unfortunately, other than a comma that totally didn't belong in a simple sentence (I know, right?), did anyone spot the insanely obvious typo? Leave a comment! I noticed it and tried to correct it on the last 10 or so cards, but the rest were all signed, sealed and delivered. Oops!
The news spreading continued last night when we hosted all the news department employees from our station for a belated Christmas party. (Anyone see a theme here?)
For some reason I only took one blurry picture the whole night,
and it doesn't even have any people in it!
Austin gave a very heartfelt speech (I cried) and a toast later in the night, then finally informed everyone that he'd "buried the lead" and told them our plans to adopt a baby! Everyone cheered and our sweet friend Lane stood up and gave a congratulatory speech. It was such a special moment! And, since everyone in the room actually gets paid to disseminate news, it wasn't too surprising that we soon started getting sweet texts from people who weren't able to make the party :).




3 comments:
We got your sweet card today...and I immediately logged in to check your new blog. We are SO excited for the two of you. Congrats!!!
Got the card yesterday and it totally brightened up a bummer day! I'm so happy for you two! Let the crafting begin :)
Aahh!! Sooo excited for y'all!! :) Congrats and good luck for this time. I am so prayerful for you both.
Please let me know if you need anything! :)
Post a Comment