Monday, January 24, 2011

Working on an FAQ post

So many people have been so wonderful with their wishes of love and support.  With that, of course, come all the questions about how the process works.  I love talking about it, because it's such an amazing thing.  I really need to sit down one night and write all about it.

The quick version is that we are traveling the journey of domestic, open, infant adoption.
  • Domestic = not international (perhaps in-state, but not necessarily).  
  • Open = we hope to meet our birth mother and have her in our lives.  It's so much healthier for baby and birth mom to have access to information, photos, personal contact... whatever degree of openness our future relationship dictates.
  • Infant = in most cases we will be matched and meet with a woman who is still pregnant, but it could play out differently.
And now, I leave you with my baby itch of the day: nursery inspiration!  The birds kind of freak me out a little bit, but I love the colors and feel of this somewhat gender-neutral room.

 FYI, I do not troll the internet looking for baby stuff! Not yet, at least. :) One of the design bloggers I love, Layla at The Lettered Cottage
happens to be adopting as well and posted this photo recently. 

I'm trying not to fall into the trap of the material things that come with having a baby in our culture, like showers and nurseries and photo sessions and designer diaper bags...  We're trying to focus on our real reasons for becoming a mom and dad: to love and nurture a child of God.


No comments: