Thursday, March 17, 2011

Adoption frenzy!

[Before you have a heart attack, let me start off by saying I'm talking about other families here, not ours]

I learned about two placements this week, and another to happen next week!

#3: A waiting couple whose blog I have been following for well over a year finally brought home their baby!  Long story, but I found the blog through something I was doing for work.  They live in Florida, and while I don't know them personally, I've been regularly reading about their ups and downs and painful waiting period.  She's not shy about "whining" online!  :)  I've found the blog very helpful in understanding what to expect before placement, what happens if placement takes more than a year, and what happens when something falls through.  Needless to say, I was thrilled when I saw a headline in Google Reader that read "It's a boy!"

#2: The second baby boy – who we're super excited to meet – was placed with a couple we met recently through our agency.  I'll call them Mr. and Mrs. P, although I'd much rather use their real names and post a billion pictures of their sweet new baby!  The P's go to our church, live not too far away (well, nothing is far away in Abilene) and they started the process just a few months before us.  She and I "met" on Facebook through Christian Homes's page (another long story) and emailed back and forth for a few weeks.  We did the same with another girl from Amarillo who is waiting to be approved, then all 6 of us went out for dinner when that couple came to town for their interviews.  We all felt like old friends, all going through this unique journey together.  Even Austin – who doesn't have that certain "salesman" gene it takes to hit it off with strangers – had a great time getting to know everyone.  I have no idea what happened that caused the P's to become parents overnight this week, but I can't wait to hear their story!  They were totally ready too – fully-furnished, super-cool nursery and everything.

#1: While this really warrants its own post, I'll be discreet until she actually makes it home – a very special baby is scheduled to arrive from Korea next Wednesday!  I can't wait to meet her.  And I suppose the same could be said by her parents :)

So if Austin and I weren't already anxious and excited to help our baby find its way home, we are now!

2 comments:

Dave and Jen said...

Thanks! Hoping your baby finds you very soon! :)

Julie Perry said...

And the night we all had dinner & met in person for the first time, was the day our baby boy was born!!! February 28th! ;)