We have been matched with a birth mother, and she's due on May 9. Woooooo hoooooo is an understatement!
I was able to accompany our new friend (who we'll refer to on the blog as "A" for Awesome) to her OB checkup on Monday, followed by window shopping, lunch, and a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital where she will deliver. She wants me to be in the room when our baby is born. Can you believe it?! The plan is for Kellerbaby to be placed immediately into my arms, then I get to accompany my little munchkin down to the nursery where Austin gets his first peek! How many moms can say that?!
Of course, there's SO much we could write about all this, but we wanted to get it up here on the blog so that we can let everyone know at once... and then get back to our ridiculously busy schedule. Things will settle down after a couple of weeks and then we can concentrate on getting ready for Kellerbaby!
I am going back to the OB with our birth mother on April 5 for my first sonogram appointment. The sono you see here was done in January ("sono" is the cool kid word that I learned this week). "A" saved if for us, even though she hadn't yet selected us. Isn't that cool? For those of you who are not of our generation and aren't bombarded with sonogram pics every time you log on to Facebook, I tried to outline the features. The profile in the above pic is a lot cuter than my yellow one :)
Most of you don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl – comment with your guess and we'll reveal the answer tomorrow! :)


14 comments:
Thanks for the outline. I've seen sonagrams before, but never have really "seen" anything! My deepest congratulations. Scott
This is great! I'm really happy for y'all. Hopefully, The Kellerbaby will be born with its parents' keen sense of snark!
Congratulations!!! We've been thinking of and praying for ya'll! So exciting!
Hmmm...if I have to guess, I'd say "girl"...but I'll definitely stay tuned :)
Blessings to all of you!
So excited! What a wonderful blessing. I say it is a boy. Can't wait till tomorrow.
OMG! Super excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to welcome her into the world! :) I say it's a girl! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 SSSOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) I'm so ready to see your new one!! And only 7 weeks!
I'm going to guess boy because you already bought a gray hoodie - that sounds like whta you would buy for a boy...
Who knows!! :)
EM
I feel that sonogram is leaking hints of testosterone...
We are absolutely thrilled, elated, slaphappy overjoyed for your growing family-to-be.
All our love, we're with you all the way!
Sasha & Francesco
This is all too exciting!!! What a great gift!!! All I can say is, be prepared to fall madly in love with your Kellerbaby...it's inexplicably amazing.We're with you in this amazing journey. Congratulations!!!
I'm with Sasha, I'm getting the boy vibe. But then again, I am very biased, rooting for my son to have a playmate. : P
Yay! Cheers for the Kellerfamily!
So awesome! Very excited for you both.
Seriously!? I think I'm as excited as I was for my own! How awesome!!! Of all my friends growing up, you by far will be the best mom!!!!! You may feel that God has blessed you with this baby, but I think this has to be one of the most blessed babies to come into the world!!! Congrats!!!!!
Tear tear joy joy! So happy for your growing family! Can't wait!
Maria Ochoa
yay!! so happy for you!
Congrats to you both!! Not too much longer before your little bundle arrives!!!
Post a Comment