Daddy's Little Diva
Stink Bomb
Mommy Says I'm Spoiled Rotten
There's something strange about putting words on baby clothes. I don't know why it's weird to me, but it is! :)
Maybe it's the fact that babies can't read. Maybe it's because I don't want to slap a label on my child. Most likely it just goes against my sense of baby fashion.
I hit up Super Target and Babies R Us this weekend. There were so many adorable baby outfits! And even more that would have been adorable if they didn't have random sentences on them.
Case in point: I may have picked up this sweet little sleeper if it didn't have a little bumper sticker message on the front of it.
This sweet little dress would be right up my alley... after a little "Cute as Can Be" patch removal.
I'm starting to think the oily confidence machines on the Jersey Shore probably wore baby clothes like this. Actually, they probably still do.
Is nanny-nanny-boo-boo really something we want to teach our children at an early age?
So, what's the deal? Are bumper sticker clothes actually cute on babies? Am I being ridiculous? Hey, wouldn't be the first time.





2 comments:
It's a trend in my opinion. Something for strangers to read and giggle at. I do when I don't have anything else to say. I like it, but I also think it's a little overdone. And ... you might have a little bit of a problem finding clothes without words at all. I'll keep it mind when I buy you baby clothes. ;)
I think it's a trend too. And if you KNIT me some baby clothes we'll have nothing to worry about, right?! ;D
Post a Comment